Thursday, November 12, 2009

You CAN Love More Than One Person!

So I was talking with a friend the other day and we were talking about relationships and such, and the statement was made that you cannot love 2 people at the same time. That statement is garbage and anyone who says that doesnt know what love is in the first place. You have to fully understand the concept of love to be able to understand how it is not just possible, but happens to everyone, that you can love more than one person at the same time.

If you understand love, you understand that its different with everybody because you have a different relationship with each individual. You love your mother and your father and even though you love them both at the same time, your love for one is not the same as your love for the other. But you still love them both at the same time. I love my dad because he's easy going and accepts that even though they raised us the best they could, he knows that everyone has to suffer or prosper from their own actions. I love my dad because he allows me the freedom of independence. My mom on the other hand, no matter how old I get, still want to control me. But I still love her because we can talk and sometimes we have fun together. Thats only 2 people in my life that I can love at the same time as all the rest of the people I love.

"But thats not the same thing. Thats not the kind of love I'm talking about."

Thats exactly my point. The reason why you CAN love more than one person at the same time is because the love you have for each individual is unique to that individual. I dont love my boyfriend the same way as I loved my ex. I love my male best friend but not the same way as I love my female best friend. But I still love them. I love each person differently for different reasons. The problem is that most people really dont know or understand what love is. They confuse love with lust (or a strong like). Or better yet, they think "having feelings for" and "in love with" are synonymous. Those who mistake love for lust are thinking about sex when its said. Lust is of a sexual nature so when they say "I love you," if its not followed by something sexual, the thoughts they have are sexual. You can tell the difference between love and lust by just eliminating sex and see what happens. If you have nothing with that person without sex, then its lust.

Another point is that your level or intensity of love is different with each person. You can love more than one man or woman but one will have more pull on you than the other. Love is complicated like that but simple at the same time. Its easy to love but not easy to know real love and definitely not easy to stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of Travis McCoy, "Bitches post anonymous" so leave a name