Monday, March 14, 2011

People In Glass Houses Sink Ships

Me and my mom were having a conversation about sayings and quotes. She said she read a quote that said "Only a tree stands alone." Me and my dad looked at each other and almost at the same time said, "well what is a forest?" LOL

She kept saying she get it and we dont but me and my dad both said it doesnt make sense. Then i asked her if she's heard the saying "People in glass houses sink ships." She said yes. So I asked her what the quote means and how do you apply it to your life. This was her explanation (paraphrased):

They got these big ships like cruise ships and people build houses on them. And ships sink. So dont think that your glass house is too cool and cant sink.

Umm.........yeah, ok mom.

(she's so funny)

1 comment:

  1. This proverb is from the mouvie "Boondock Saints".
    J'aime ce film.

    ReplyDelete

In the words of Travis McCoy, "Bitches post anonymous" so leave a name